Planning Your Time at the Battlearium
A lot of people call or text us and ask about how they can play at the Battlearium. The following are the things we tell them. We are hoping these answer your questions too. Our goal with this is to provide you with everything you need to know to visit us and have a great time.
COVID19 Virus Requests
Here are a couple of things we ask that you follow related to the current pandemic. These are general courtesies you should follow:
- If you’re sick or think you might be sick, don’t come!
- Immune compromised, please don’t come.
- If you’re in that age bracket that is particularly susceptible to COVID19, please wear a facemask or choose not to come.
- We ask that you wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after you play. This is your responsibility. Please do it for your safety.
- Our games are naturally socially distanced.
- We clean and sanitize all the equipment after each group plays. We’ve always done this and we are tenacious about it. We hate going places that don’t practice good hygiene.
- We don’t require you to wear a face covering. The reason for this is you probably can’t physically wear one while you play. Very few people can last an hour in the arena with a mask over their face. If you want to wear one while you play, please do. If you want to require your party to wear them, please do. You will need to police your group.
- The maximum number of people in the arena must be less than 25.
- We do ask you to agree to a few questions in your waiver stating that you’re COVID free to the best of your knowledge.
Times and Dates
At this point all time at the Battlearium must be booked in advance online or by calling 304.208.8057. We require a minimum of 4 players to secure a spot to play.
Length of Play
All game play is one hour. Each game starts on the top of each hour.
What does it cost to play at the Battlearium? We have put together all the different ways you can play and the associated costs.
Walking Into Play
AT THIS TIME ALL PLAY MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE ONLINE OR BY CALLING 304.208.8057. We require 4 players for a game. Please call a minimum of 3 hours in advance of the time you want to play. The cost is $19.50 per person for your hour in the arena. The price goes down when you book a group of 10 or more.
Birthday parties are a minimum of 10 players. Parties of 10 or more get one hour the arena and an additional 50 minutes in our party room after your arena time is over. You don’t pay for guests who watch or join you in the party room.
The cost for a private party of 10 players for 1 hour in the arena is $180. Additional players are $15 each. We do have scenarios where you can play in the arena for 2 hours or more. If you are interested in that, please call or text us at 304.208.8057. There is an option online to book a party for 2 hours.
The Game Types
You choose one of these game type. You will play that for an hour in the arena. A referee will be assigned to your game and will lead you through a number of mini-games like Capture the Flag, Kick the Can, Zombies vs. Humans, and others.
Why do we only do one game type in your hour? It takes anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to switch between game types. Switching games in the middle of your hour would eat up a lot of your playing time. We want your experience to be excellent, and for you to have an amazing hour full of fun and exhilaration. Sticking with one game allows us to give you the best possible experience.
Age to Play
You need to be 5 or older to play Foam Dart Battles and Dodgeball. Why 5? The age is an insurance issue for us and for the most part kids who are under 5 don’t have the physical strength to load blasters. If you bring a little one, 5 years old (or even older), make sure to bring a blaster they can use from home. Little ones simply don’t have the strength or coordination to prime or use our blasters.
You must be 7 or older to play Archery Wars, Tactical Laser Tag. Why 7? Again, the main reason is that age is an insurance issue for us and for the most part kids who are under 7 don’t have the physical strength to use our bows or hold the laser rifles properly.
Note: The price is the same for all players regardless of age. See pricing below.
Bring Your Own Blaster
Yes, you can bring your own Nerf blaster. We only supply regular nerf darts and rival balls.
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
Please know that MOST kids who are 5 years old (and sometimes older), have a lot of trouble loading and priming (readying the toy to be fired) blasters. Little kids often don’t have the strength or coordination to set the firing mechanism on a blaster. No parent wants to hear this but it is true. Even the most special little one probably can’t use 95 percent of the blasters we have available at Battlearium.
Most 5 year olds, are missing either the strength or coordination needed to use most Nerf guns. This makes playing at our arena frustrating – especially if the older/stronger kids are using really cool blasters. If your party has little ones (5+), please make sure they bring a blaster from home that they already know they can prime and use. We have the easiest blasters to use in stock but often little ones either physically can’t use them OR don’t want to use them because other kids have “big” blasters.
Please note – every child has to demonstrate to our referee or front desk staff that they can prime the blaster they carry into the arena. If a child can’t prime a blaster, they will not be allowed to play. Make sure your little ones come prepared. We do have several small battery powered blasters that are available for a small upgrade fee but please don’t count on those being available. Make sure to have little ones in your group bring their own blaster from home that they know how to use.
Hours of Operation
Here is everything you need to know about the when and where. Our address is 917 3rd Avenue in downtown Huntington. We are right across the street from Starbucks and Pullman Square.
Wednesday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Thursday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Saturday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Other Information About Hours of Operation
- If you have any questions, come in and talk with us or call 304.208.8057.
What’s it Cost?
When you book a party of 10, the price is $180. Additional players are $15.
If you play in a small group game, the cost is $19.50 per player for an hour. You play for a full hour in the arena, with a ref, and we supply the equipment and the clean up.
The price is the same for all ages.
Things We Want You to Know
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled time. This is especially true if you have a party. None of your guests are going to show up on time – count on it! Tell them to show up 20 minutes earlier than you want them to show up. Our games start and end on the hour. Be ready for your hour in the arena so you get the max time possible.
- Sign your waiver online before you come. Share the link with people whom you have invited. It will save you a lot of time.
- WEAR SNEAKERS! A lot of people have been coming in wearing Crocs and other forms of sandals. Wear the kind of shoes you would wear if you were playing in a sporting event.
- Read the rules and share them with the people you are bringing. The referee’s at the Battlearium really don’t like getting people in trouble for breaking the rules.
Plan to Have a Great Time!
That’s about everything you need to know to play at the Battlearium. Do feel free to call or text us at 304.208.8057 is you still have questions.