Planning Your Time at the Battlearium
A lot of people call or text us and ask about how they can play at the Battlearium. The following are the things we tell them. We are hoping these answer your questions too. Our goal with this is to provide you with everything you need to know to visit us and have a great time.
COVID19 Virus Requests
Here are a couple of things we ask that you follow related to the current pandemic. These are general courtesies you should follow:
- If you’re sick or think you might be sick, don’t come!
- If you’re immune compromised, please don’t come.
- If you’re in that age bracket that is particularly susceptible to COVID19, please wear a facemask or choose not to come.
- We ask that you wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after you play. This is your responsibility. Please do it for your safety.
- Our games are naturally socially distanced and we clean and sanitize all the equipment after each group plays. We’ve always done this and we are tenacious about it. We hate going places that don’t practice good hygiene.
- We don’t require you to wear a face covering.
Times and Dates
At this point all time at the Battlearium must be booked in advance online or by calling 304.208.8057.
Length of Play
All game play is one hour. Each game starts on the top of each hour.
What does it cost to play at the Battlearium? We have put together all the different ways you can play and the associated costs.
Walking Into Play
AT THIS TIME ALL PLAY MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE ONLINE OR BY CALLING 304.208.8057.
NORMALLY – Yes – you can just show up and play. We don’t recommend it though. There may not be a game to join.
We require 4 players for a game. Playing with fewer than 4 isn’t any fun.
The best way to play if you are a single player or a group of 2 or 3 is to call 304.208.8057 and see if there is a game you can join. If you have a small group of 4 to 9, you can book your time online or give us a call at 304.208.8057.
The cost is $19.50 per person for your hour in the arena. The price goes down when you book a group of 10 or more.
We work on a first-come-first-serve basis during pick-up game hours. A group of 4 or more can lock in a time and choose what will be played during that time. Please know that walking-in simply means, if there is no private party scheduled, you can join whatever game is played during the next hour. The first small group of 4 or more to pay for a pick-up game gets to choose the game for that hour.
Please take note: If you arrive at 7:50 pm and want to play Foam Dart Battles at 8:00 pm, don’t count on it. There may be a group that scheduled online or walked in ahead of you wanting to play Laser Tag. If you want to join their game, you can. If you want to play Foam Dart Battles, you need to secure the next available pick-up game opening by paying for your time.
Your best strategy if you want to play as a single or a small group of 2 or 3 is to call 304.208.8057 and see what walk-in game you can join.
Please roll with us. If you have trouble figuring out how to book a pick-up game, call or text us at 304.208.8057 on the day you want to play. We will help you best plan your visit.
Remember we have one arena and lots and lots of interest. We want you to play. Work with us, and we will make it work.
Birthday parties are a minimum of 10 players in the arena for 1 hour and an additional 50 minutes in our party room after your arena time is over.
The cost for a private party of 10 players for 1 hour in the arena is $180. Additional players are $15 each. We do have scenarios where you can play in the arena for 2 hours or more. If you are interested in that, please call or text us at 304.208.8057. There is an option online to book a party for 2 hours.
The Game Types
You choose one of these game types. You will play that for an hour in the arena. A referee will be assigned to your game and will lead you through a number of mini-games like Capture the Flag, Kick the Can, Zombies vs. Humans, and others.
Why do we only do one game type in your hour? It takes anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to switch between game types. Switching games in the middle of your hour would eat up a lot of your playing time. We want your experience to be excellent, and for you to have an amazing hour full of fun and exhilaration. Sticking with one game allows us to give you the best possible experience.
Age to Play
You need to be 5 or older to play Foam Dart Battles.
Note: The price is the same for all players regardless of age. See pricing below.
Hours of Operation
Here is everything you need to know about the when and where. Our address is 917 3rd Avenue in downtown Huntington. We are right across the street from Starbucks and Pullman Square.
Tuesday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Wednesday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Thursday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Saturday: Book a Private Party of 4 or More
Other Information About Hours of Operation
- Our last game always starts one hour before closing.
- Online booking is available for parties of 4 or more.
- If you book online, there are more times available than what is posted here.
- If you have any questions, come in and talk with us or call 304.208.8057.
What’s it Cost?
When you book a party of 10, the price is $180. Additional players are $15.
If you play in a pick-up game, the cost is $19.50 per player for an hour. You play for a full hour in the arena, with a ref, and we supply the equipment and the clean up.
The price is the same for all ages.
Things We Want You to Know
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled time. This is especially true if you have a party. None of your guests are going to show up on time – count on it! Tell them to show up 20 minutes earlier than you want them to show up. Our games start and end on the hour. Be ready for your hour in the arena so you get the max time possible.
- Sign your waiver online before you come. Share the link with people whom you have invited. It will save you a lot of time.
- WEAR SNEAKERS! A lot of people have been coming in wearing Crocs and other forms of sandals. Wear the kind of shoes you would wear if you were playing in a sporting event.
- Read the rules and share them with the people you are bringing. The referee’s at the Battlearium really don’t like getting people in trouble for breaking the rules.
Plan to Have a Great Time!
That’s about everything you need to know to play at the Battlearium. Do feel free to call or text us at 304.208.8057 is you still have questions.